For those Grade 12’s looking to get started with their Grad Transitions, log in to the NPSS Moodle site and use the log in 2017 (your Grad year) to get started! Don’t forget to start with the “Grad Program Checklist” to ensure that you will have all of the Graduation Requirements met at the end of this year! This should be completed by the end of the first week of school!
Any NPSS Grads looking to pick up a commemorative Grad 2016 hoodie can do so by stopping in at the office. ONLY 2 LEFT (Large)!
Class Valedictorian, Justin Mah, volunteered this Thank You letter to those who helped with Grad this year on behalf of the Grad Class of 2016!
Volunteer thank-you letter
With the last of the Long Blocks finishing today, students are preparing for Provincial Exams and Summer preparations. Here are a few items for students and parents as we get ready to wrap up the school:
- The office will be closed from July 1st to August 26th. Regular office hours will commence on Monday, August 29th from 8am-4pm.
- Report Cards can be picked up at the office from June 28th-30th. Those Report Cards that are not picked up will be placed in a folder for parents/students to pick up in the Fall. Please note: Report Cards will not be sent in the mail.
- Student lockers are being cleaned out as we speak. Any items left in a locker will be placed in a bag and labeled for students to collect until June 29th. Remaining items will be donated to the Salvation Army or placed in the garbage. Please come to the office to arrange the pick up of those items.
- The first day of classes are as follows:
- Grade 10’s and former NPSS students from the ELC campus will return for Tuesday, September 6th (8:49-11:18 with buses running 4 hours early). Students will need to be in attendance as there will be important information given as well as a run through of a modified schedule of their classes to acclimatize them to the building.
- All grades will be present for classes on Wednesday, September 7th (8:49am-3:18pm).
Please click on the following link for a copy of the 2016-2017 School Calendar
Parents are encouraged to download the following three memos:
- last day of school and student dismissal – June 23rd
- early dismissal on first day of school — September 6th
- kindergarten start date — September 14th
NPSS would like to recognize and thank Richard Koop and Donnie Goodbun for the efforts in organizing the contributions made by Project Heavy Duty students! As well, thanks to the generous donations from local companies of equipment, fuel, funds, and fixing equipment. This opportunity would never be possible without the community behind the organizers of the event. To see more on this, visit the new schools’ website:
Attached is a Parent Transportation Information Bulletin and School Bus Registration package for parents/students.
Please ensure that the entire form is filled out completely by the parent/guardian and fees are attached to each form.
Any questions, please contact reception at 250-262-6000.
Families who are facing extreme hardship and would like to request alternate payment and/or waiver of fees, may apply in writing to Leah Reimer at email@example.com by June 30, 2016.
2016-2017 SD 60 Bus Registration Forms
2016-05-30 Parent Transportation Info Bulletin
Encounters with Canada is our country’s largest and foremost youth forum! Every week of the school year, 120 to 148 teens from across Canada, aged 14 to 17 years, travel to Ottawa. While there, they discover their country through each other, learn about Canadian institutions, meet famous and accomplished Canadians, explore exciting career options, develop their civic leadership skills and live an extraordinary bilingual experience. For more information, visit the Career Centre or visit their website.